Sunday 9 March 2014

Fearless (Ruin #2.5) by Rachel Van Dyken




When I met Kiersten, time stood still. It was as if every cell in my body screamed HER. I couldn't look away, I couldn't walk away, I couldn't even move. My other half, my soul mate, was staring right at me. I had to have her. I had to make her mine. But I felt selfish doing that--knowing that I may not have endless amounts of time to give her...and even now that every things' over with and I've been given that time back.

Nothing is ever certain in this life.

Which is why I'm about to do something crazy, impulsive, daring.
After all, what type of person would I be if I didn't take my own advice?
I'm jumping off the cliff, I'm living fearlessly.

This is the continuation of Wes and Kiersten's story.
 ARC RECEIVED FOR AN HONEST REVIEW
You will need to have read Ruin and Toxic before you read Fearless, otherwise it will spoil the first 2 books for you.

Fearless takes off where Toxic has ended.  Wes and Kiersten are preparing for their upcoming wedding.

I didn't think I could love Wes any more than I did in Ruin... but I was wrong!  After what he went through in Ruin, he is living life to the fullest and doesn't want to waste a minute of his life.

Kiersten is hopelessly in love with Wes.  He is her everything
 

"The type of love that makes you want to laugh out loud scream a bit run in circles and then repeat.  Yeah, thats how I feel about Wes.  Totally. Out. Of. Control. Giddiness. ~ Kiersten"


Fearless is again told in dual POV so we get both Wes and Kiersten's view of this stage of their relationship.  So many writers just can't get the dual POV thing spot on, but Ms Van Dyken does it time and time again.

Fearless is full of emotions, but where in Ruin Wes and Kiersten was full of love, fear, desperation, Fearless if filled to the brim with LOVE!  Wes and Kiersten, Gabe and Saylor, you name it, they are loved up.

There was one particular part though where I just had to say 
Really?  You want to do what where?!?!?

We also get a couple of chapters from Lisa's POV, which give us a bit of an insight into her past, and is aglimpseinto her story, which we will get in the next book.

Ms Van Dyken has drawn me into these stories from the minute I picked up Ruin, and I will not be happy until I have learned everyone's stories.

She has a knack of sucking me into the world of her characters and I don't want to leave!

Now bring on Shame!!