Tuesday 29 April 2014

✤ SEARCHING FOR PERFECT ✤ JENNIFER PROBST ✤

© Bianca Janeane





JENNIFER PROBST
SEARCHING FOR PERFECT

• release date - 29 April 2014
 • 352 pages
Searching For Series Book #2


★★★★★
5 Stars
 



The up-and-coming matchmaking agency Kinnections is the hottest thing to hit Verily, New York—just like Kennedy Ashe, social director for the service she owns with her two best girlfriends. A coach, consultant, and cheerleader rolled into one super-sizzling package, Kennedy creates dream dates, encourages singles to shine, and never refuses a challenge—not even Nate Ellison Raymond Dunkle, rocket scientist, nerd extraordinaire, and Kennedy’s newest client.

Kennedy vows to work her magic and transform this hot mess in a lab coat with a disastrous relationship track record into the most wanted man on the Verily dating scene. If only she could turn the wand on herself . . .

Though she radiates confidence and sex appeal, Kennedy harbors deep-seated insecurities from a tormented past and lifelong struggle with weight issues. When she realizes she and Nate are cut from the same cloth and might be perfect together, can Kennedy learn to let her heart lead the way? Or will her fears sentence her to the sidelines as Nate finds love—with someone else?






MY THOUGHTS ~ Bianca

Kennedy is one of the 3 owners of KINNECTIONS - a matchmaking agency in upstate New York.
Her friend and business partner Kate found her HEA in the first book in the series SEARCHING FOR SOMEDAY and now it's Ken's turn.
Only, she's not really searching. She's happy with her sometimes-dating. Well, not happy - more content. She doesn't want to get too close to somebody, because she's afraid that they get to see the real her. Not the sexy matchmaker, but the sad and lonely fat girl she used to be in highschool.

Enter: NED - or rather Nathaniel Ellison Raymond Dunkle ☺
He's the proverbial NERD! A rocket scientist - even though that's not what you call them anymore - he's an aerospace engineer ☺


And since he just turned 32 and nobody really cared....

Three months ago, he had celebrated his thirty-second birthday and realized he had no one to invite over.

he decides to finally go looking for more. He wants to meet a woman, get married, have kids. He doesn't want to be alone anymore.

He starts doing research - by reading COSMOPOLITAN and FIFTY SHADES OF GREY and the KAMA SUTRA ☺ and now he's signed up for a speed-dating thing from Kinnections.

He doesn't make the best first impression, though.
First of all, his skin is orange!!!
He didn't like this laboratory white skin-tone - and that's why he used some bronzing lotion.

Dear God, he was a living Dorito.

Then - he's way too honest and serious and socially filter-less ☺
None of the 20 ladies want to see him again.

Challenge accepted! Thinks Kennedy. She decides to take him under her wing and turn him into the perfect guy.


Unfortunately Ned, or Nate - as he's supposed to call himself now - is really attracted to his gorgeous match-maker!!!!

They seem to have sooo much in common!



Will Kennedy finally let herself fall for someone?
Will she be able to overcome her fears and give this nerdy guy a chance??

WILL THERE BE A HAPPY END?

 I'm not telling you that, of course ☺
I don't want to spoil your reading pleasure ☺



____________________________________________________________



I REALLY ENJOYED READING THE BOOK


 I loved Jennifer's ^Marriage to a Billionaire Series^ - and this is the second book of the spin-off series. We even meet most of the old characters again ☺ And the book of Spells too☺
I normally hate most things supernatural - but it's only this tiny little thing here - that  ☺ It didn't bother me at all.


This was such a sweet and adorable Romantic Comedy!!!
I would LOVE to watch the movie ☺ I really want to see who they would cast for Nate ☺

There were sooo many funny and cute and sexy moments in this book.

Some people might say it was a bit cheesy - fairy-talish Rom-Com cliched - but I really loved it.
That's just the way you want your Romances to be!!!
FUNNY - SEXY - MOVING - FRUSTRATING!!!!

Of course not everything and everyone is always happy in this story - our characters have faced some real problems in their pasts and now it's time to work on them - to overcome all their fears and insecurities and fight for the love of their lives!!!

I can really recommend this book to everybody who loves a sweet and fast-reading romance!

You might even shed some tears - at least I did ☺

Oooohhh and all you Wolfe Fans out there (Me! Me! Me!!!) - we met him in the last books - he's in here too (in sexy Golf clothes!!!) - I hope we'll get to hear his story soon ☺


Can't wait for the rest of the series!!!

Were there a few things I didn't like? Hm nope -not really. Mayyybe - like in the first book - Jennifer mentions lots of TV-Shows - which is weird since Nate is a nerdy workoholic who doesn't even watch TV - and wouldn't know those shows.
Nothing else to complain about!!!!

 I really enjoyed it.
GO GET IT!☺ 





MY THOUGHTS ~ Janeane



ARC Received via Netgalley for an honest review

I am a big fan of Jennifer Probst, and love love love her Marriage series.

And I love love LOVE this spin off series.  We get the old characters from the marriage series, along with the new.
 
And the new is sexy rocket science guy, Nate.  He's completely adorkable.

Searching for Perfect has that sweet, sexy rom-com feel about it.  It's not that we don't know where things are going to end up, but it is the ride we are taken on to get there.

I love that Kennedy and Nate aren't perfect (it just doesn't do it for me when everything is perfect for everyone!!) They have real life problems that hold them back, and I love that they have to work through their problems to get to their HEA.... or do they?

I love the other girls at Kinnection, and as cave man as he is at times, I loved Nate's brother.  Aaaaand I loved that Wolfe makes another appearance!

I laughed, I cried, my heart broke, my heart healed.  Ms Probst didn't make it easy for her characters at all!! 

I mean, who doesn't love a story about two people finding love when they are least expecting it, and when it is right under their noses, even better!

Now, bring on the next one, I need more!!





LINKS TO THE BOOK AND AUTHOR




STALK JENNIFER ON:



JENNIFER PROBST:
STOLEN FROM HER HOMEPAGE

I’ve always wanted to be a writer. At twelve, I took a pen in hand and wrote my first love story. I haven’t stopped since. Those heroines taught me valuable lessons that served me well. I learned to keep my head up high and surge forward when I was afraid; I learned to demand respect in a relationship; I learned about compromise and dreams and independence. Those are the stories I want to write, and I can only hope I give back some of the joy I received over the years.
I live in the beautiful Hudson Valley in upstate New York. I’ve traveled to many places but always seem to be drawn back to the mountains. I graduated with a business degree, worked for Mercy College, and now spend most days dedicated to my family and my characters. I’ve pursued many career paths such as travel agent, yoga teacher and insurance salesperson. I’ve wanted to be an airline pilot, a dancer, an archaeologist, and a vineyard owner. I have been all of the above through romance novels, and intend to explore many more.
One of my turning points in my career was when I joined Romance Writers of America and met the wonderful people in my local chapter, The Hudson Valley RWA. Through supportive critique sessions, I learned how to develop my raw skills to get a publishable manuscript. I discovered my tendency for wordy prologues and passive phrases that all new writers work through, and now try to help others on their journey.

My “leisure time” is spent writing, reading, and raising two active boys. I believe animals are the other children in this world, and enjoy spending time at the local animal shelter, where I got my first “baby” Bella, a shepherd hound mix who gets into as much trouble as my son! I rescued my second dog from an abusive home, a beagle, basset hound who is the peacemaker in the household.

I met the love of my life when I had finally given up on my own romantic journey. The first time he asked me out he promised to buy my book if he could buy me dinner. We had dinner and fell in love over sushi and haven’t been apart since. We married and settled into domestic bliss. That’s when I learned it wasn’t about happy endings. It was about happy beginnings.