Tuesday 27 January 2015

✤ In For The Kill ✤ Shannon McKenna ✤ The Final McCloud Book ✤

© Bianca ✰ 




SHANNON McKENNA
IN FOR THE KILL

• release date: 27 January 2015
 • McClouds & Friends Series #11

The Stunning Conclusion to the McClouds and Friends Series!


★★★★★
5 Stars

 




The risks ex-cop Sam Petrie has taken have turned his life into a train wreck. So he has nothing to lose by doubling down as the elusive Svetlana Ardova's unwanted bodyguard on a potentially deadly trip to Italy.

Ever since the McClouds rescued Sveti from certain death, her crusade against modern slavery has blazoned a bulls-eye on her chest, but when one of the threats against her almost hits the mark, Sam's protective instincts go into overdrive. Every lethal obstacle and trap they encounter ups the stakes--and the undeniable heat between them.

Now they're spiraling in on a deadly and explosive secret--one that could either redeem them or destroy them . . . and the closer they get, the shorter the fuse . . .


We all remember Sam & Sveti from the previous McCloud books.
Sveti was the girl who was sold to organ traffickers when she was just 12 - and she got rescued just in time and now lives close to all her adopted family - the McClouds & Friends - and she is working hard to stop the organ mafia. Which is why she's about to leave to work in Europe for two years.

Sam used to be a homocide detective who's been helping the McClouds for a while - now he's been put on medical leave and he doesn't really know what to do with his time. He doesn't want to go work for his family's money business.
The only thing he knows is, that he's been in love with Sveti from afar, ever since he met her years ago.
But she seems to hate him. There was this one heated encounter two years ago, but after that she never really looked at him again.
But of course she doesn't hate him. She has a huge crush on him. But love is just not something that she can imagine for herself. With all the horrible things in her past she just can't love someone. Plus she needs to use her time to once and for all stop those horrible organ mafia people.
But Sam is so very tempting.
Maybe just a tiny little taste of what it could be like?



But Sam is not the only after Sveti.
The mafia is hot on her trail - because they think she knows some of her dead mothers secrets.

WHAT WiLL HAPPEN TO SVETi & SAM????
WiLL THERE BE A CHANCE OF A HAPPY EVER FOR THEM?
OR WiLL EVERYBODY DiE???
WiLL THERE BE A CLiFFHANGER???


NOPE . . .
I'm not telling you


Well - ok - there's no Cliffhanger - since it's the last book in the series :((((
__________________________________________________ 
 


 

Oh noooo - this was really the last book in the McCloud series???



Ugh - so sad that it's over now - I've been reading those books since the first one came out.
Even though I kinda hated them a bit once they just randomly started going the psychic route - but this book is finally back to what the series was like in the beginning!!!

I just LOVED Sam!



He is sooo adorable. So horribly in love with this girl who he thinks doesn't want him.
And he's so on the outside of everything. He kinda belongs to the whole McCloud gang, but not really and he belonged to the police, but not anymore. And he's not even thinking about his mega-rich family... they seem to hate his life choices too much.

And Sveti, that poor girl. Who's all grown up now and fighting to prevent what happened to her from happening to other people. There's just not any room for love in her future.
And now with all those new clues about her mother's death and the secrets she kept.... She might just need Sam more than she can admit.

We have sooo many sexy and romantic and cute and suspensy moments in this book - it really was the perfect Romantic Suspense!!!

I loved that we got to meet all of the previous couples and their kids again.
I wish someone would make the McClouds into a TV show!!!!

If you loved the early McCloud books, you will SOOOO love Sam & Sveti's story too.
IN FOR THE KILL was an amazingly sexy & suspensy & adorable romantic Thriller!

I can't wait what Shannon will come up with next - I just hope it won't have any psychic or other paranormal elements in it!!! ☺


LiNKS TO THE BOOK & AUTHORs



STALK SHANNON ON:

FACEBOOKHOMEPAGEGOODREADSTWITTER
I started writing my first romance novel in secret. I was working a temp job in an insurance office in Manhattan at the time, and the office manager had made it clear that even if there was nothing to do, I still had to look busy-- never one of my big talents. I felt bad about the wasted time, though, and I needed something to round out my other chosen career, which was singing. Yeah, that's right. Most artists choose a more practical Plan B to back up their improbable Plan A. Me? No way. "Long Shot" is my middle name.

So I sneakily set up a Document 1 and a Document 2 with a spreadsheet on it. If my Boss du Jour walked by I could quick-like-a-bunny switch screens, and whenever the coast was clear, I went back to my story. Not that I was slacking, mind you. If there was work to be done, I did it. The sneakiness felt familiar, though, because I've been teased about reading romances since I was a kid. I think the day I finally grew up was the day I stopped trying to cover up what I was reading on the bus, train or subway. Let people think whatever they like.

It wasn't until I moved to Italy (details of that Long Shot provided later on) that I got serious about writing, though. I found myself with many long, quiet days alone with nothing to do, so I slogged my way bravely to the end of the manuscript and sent it out. Everybody rejected it-except for Kensington. I wrote for them for a few years, and then made a bid for an erotic novella for the new Brava imprint, and oh joy, they accepted it. Then I wrote BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. And so on, and so forth.

That's how I started. I can't think of anything I'd rather do. I never knew it would be so scary, and so hard . . . all that solitude and silence, a blank computer screen, and no one to blame. But still. It's worth it. It's great.