Sunday 3 May 2015

✪ Lawless In Leather (New York Saints #3) ✪ Melanie Scott ✪




     

Reina Easton never expected to be training a cheerleading squad for a baseball team. But the owner of the building where her burlesque club is housed is threatening to sell, and she needs to get a deposit together.

Malachi Coulter can't believe that Alex Winters wants cheerleaders for their team. When he meets Reina, he can't deny his attraction
He's just not sure that Reina's wild ways are what he's looking for. Reina isn't thrilled about finding herself attracted to a guy like Mal, ex-army, motorcycle, security, tough guy.

When a crazed fan starts causing trouble, Mal is pulled in two directions. He wants to shut the squad down but Reina wants the money. Can a former bad boy and a former bad girl team up to win the day or are they just destined to strike out?




ARC received from St Martin's Press via Netgalley for an honest review

This is book 3 in the New York Saints series, but it could be read as a stand alone - but why would you want to miss a minute of the hotness trio?  The first two books are Devil in Denim and Angel In Armani.

I have loved this series since I first stumbled across them last year.  And since I first started reading them, I have always felt that Malachi Coulter's story is going to be the one I really really loved.

And I was not wrong.

Malachi was everything I wanted him to be - and so much more!

When Malachi first sees the new Saints cheerleaders, he is not impressed . Cheerleaders in baseball - yeah.. NO!  Remember Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own yelling out "there's no crying in baseball!!"?  Well, that was how I heard Mal in my head!

Then there is Reina, their cheerleading coach.  As much as he doesn't want cheerleaders, he wants her like he has not wanted a woman in a long time.

As much as they don't want to want each other, they just can't help it.

There is that instant spark between our lovelies that cannot be denied - or ignored - not matter how much they want to, and you just know that this is going to be a bumpy ride - a hot bumpy ride.

Reina is that bomb!  She is such a strong character.  None of this whining why me attitude from her.  From her coaching to her other job (which is AWESOME!!) she takes no crap from anyone.  I soooo want to be her when I grow up!  She is fun and high spirited - and Mal just doesn't stand a chance!

There is a bit of a mystery happening around Reina, which adds a great arc to her and Mal's storyline. Protective Mal is something no woman would be able to resist, I am telling you right now.  As much as it would piss you off at times, it is totally swoonworthy.

So, will Mal finally succumb, and fall head over heels in love?  Will Reina give in and need him/

Nope, for that you are going to have to read for yourself.

I love that we got more of the other two guys from the series - Alex and Lucas - and their lovely ladies, as well as meeting a couple of new great characters in Reina's best friends.

I hope that this is not the last of the New York Saints series, I want more!