Monday 24 August 2015

✪ The Darkest Flame (Roadmap to Your Heart #1) ✪ Christina Lee ✪




From the author of There You Stand, a new male/male romance about an errant motorcycle recruit and the captivating bartender who sends his wheels spinning down an all too tempting road.

Vaughn O
Keefe has been part owner of the Hogs Den for years. Privy to plenty of Disciples of the Road business, hes never been more ruffled as when a new recruit named Smoke walks through the door. Something about the man gets his blood pumping, but he knows to keep his preferences under wraps around the club.

Smoke Callahan has done a couple of rehab stints and is finally clean, thanks to help from the Disciples. Hes on the right path and isnt about to get sidetracked, no matter how much the guy who manages the bar gets beneath his skin. Besides, his last relationship with a man left him scared, alone, and with a nightmare of an addiction.

When the Hog
s Den becomes shorthanded, and Smoke is ordered to help out the one man he cant have, his longing for the bartender reaches blistering proportions. Vaughn figures a night together should be enough to satisfy their mutual attraction. But neither banks on just how scorching hot it might be.

As Smoke
s past unravels and the one person he hopes never to lay eyes on again messes with all he holds sacred, its time to involve the Disciples. Problem is, hell have to risk his membership, his heart, and his own hide to keep everyone he cares about safe.


I have not read any Christina Lee previously, so I did not know what to expect when I started reading The Darkest Flame.  But I am a huuuuge fan of m/m romance, so I had to give it a read.

I believe that this series is a spin off from another Christina Lee series, but that being said, this did not take away from my understanding or enjoyment of this book.

Firstly, the attraction between Vaughan and Smoke is palpable.  The pheromones were flying from the first time the pair were in a scene together.

Though there are aspects of the MC scene throughout the story, The Darkest Flame is more the love story between these two guys, hiding their feelings because of the scene around them.  And what they will do to be together.  I felt that they were well developed and their story flowed well.

There were a couple of things that felt that did not need to be included. I felt that the storyline with Vaughan's father did not need to go as deep as it did?

 And at times, I had to wonder that our guys could not figure out what the club President Mal was up to.  It felt so obvious  - but these things might just be me.

I did get a little confused at times with the dual POV.  I would be reading and would have to think "hang on, who is talking here?" and back track.  I just didn't feel that the guys had two distinct enough voices that I knew who was reading with out checking.

Overall, The Darkest Flame was an enjoyable read.  There are some seriously hot sexy times, some sadder times and some LOL times.  It has made me curious to go back and read There You Stand, and wonder what Ms Lee will give us next.