Wednesday 9 September 2015

✜ Paper Hearts ✜ Claire Contreras ✜ #Hearts2

© Bianca Janeane
    


CLAIRE CONTRERAS - PAPER HEARTS

• release day 9 September 2015
Hearts Series #2
• 351 page
~ you should read books 1 + 1.5 first - you don't NEED to, but you definitely should





★★★★★
5 Stars

 
I lost her.
No, I didn't lose her. I threw her away.
She was my best friend.

I was never supposed to fall in love with her.
I was careless.
She was heartbroken.

I thought I was doing fine. But here she is, years later, forced to work with me, reminding me why I fell in love with her in the first place.
And this time I'm going to do everything in my power to never let her go.

 

A love like this is worth fighting for…

We all remember Mia & Jensen from Kaleidoscope Hearts... Mia was Estelle's best friend, and Jensen was in the 'guy group' - best friends with Estelle's brother Victor and Estelle's future husband Oliver.

Mia and Jensen have always had this special bond. She was everything for him when they were younger.
And then, when he left to go to college in NY - they decided to take a little break from each other.
And like guys are - he was lonely and jealous, of whatever Mia was doing in California - and he had an affair with a girl from his class. And of course that girl ended up pregnant.
And being the good guy that he is, he felt he needed to get married to the girl. (There might have been some pressure from her dad too.)
All that left Mia totally heartbroken. And Jensen too - because not only was Mia the love of his life - she was also his best friend - and he needed her so much back then, but she just left and never looked back.

Now - five years later, both Mia and Jensen are in New York.
Mia took a temporary photographer job with Newsweek - the same magazine Jensen writes for as a freelancer. And of course he will be interviewing the couples she's taking pictures of.
How is she supposed to stay strong, when she has to see him all the time.

Jensen never got over Mia - he wants her back. He's divorced now and Mia has always been his big love - the girl that got away. He needs to make things right with her.
But she doesn't yet understand how hurt HE was back then. They have a lot to talk about. If only Mia wouldn't always run away once he starts flirting. ☺



They have the next two months to try again. And Jensen will do everything in his power to get back the only girl he ever loved.



What will happen to Mia & Jensen?
Will there be a HEA?

  ______________________________________________________



Real love stories never end.

I loved Estelle & Oliver's story - but I think Mia & Jensen's love story was even better.
After I finished the TORN HEARTS novella - I HAD TO know how their story would end. It was all so sad and ugh - I just wanted them to get back together.

There was soo much hurt and heartbreak between the two of them - and now - five years later..... they need to get it right, because we so want them to get their happy ever after with each other.



And it's soo adorable and moving to watch them get there.
How Mia tries to stay strong, and not give in to her still huge feelings for this ridiculously hot poet.


And Jenson - he loves her so much - always has - always will.
It's just soo heartbreaking to watch him live his life without Mia.

I loved how Claire added those little articles Jensen writes for the Times.



He bares his heart in those articles. We can clearly read how much he still loves that girl from California that used to be his best friend.



I loved every single word of this book.
I laughed - I cried - but most of all, I hoped that they would just get over everything and talk it all out and fast-forward to their Happy End.
If this book would've been a movie - I would've been on the edge of my seat, with my hands half-covering my eyes, waiting and hoping for Mia & Jensen to finally live happily ever after.

Paper Hearts was an extremely moving and adorably romantic second-chance Love Story.



LINKS TO THE BOOK AND AUTHOR



STALK CLAIRE ON:



Claire is a New York Times & USA Today Best Selling author, mother of two, wife of one, owner of three dogs, and breast cancer survivor.

She enjoys writing anything from children’s stories to erotic suspense, but her most notable work is a contemporary romance. When she’s not writing, she’s reading and dreaming about places she wants to visit.