Sunday 25 October 2015

✪ Pucked Up (Pucked #2) ✪ Helena Hunting ✪



HELENA HUNTING - PUCKED UP
• PUCKED series #2
• release day: 25 October 2015
• #3 - PUCKED OVER will be out early 2016


Miller “Buck” Butterson has been banging his way through life ever since a puck to the face fixed his messed up front teeth, and he was drafted into the NHL during his first year of college. After five years of deflecting goals on the ice and scoring them with puck bunnies across the Continental US and parts of Canada, Miller is ready for a girlfriend. A real girlfriend of the non-bunny variety. One he takes on dates and doesn’t jump into bed with after five seconds of conversation.

Miller thinks he’s found that woman in his teammate’s sister. Except, unlike Alex Waters, center, team captain and all round nice guy—who happens to be dating his step-sister—Miller’s manwhore reputation is well earned, and not blown out of proportion by the media. Beyond that minor detail, Miller doesn’t know the first thing about having a girlfriend. But he’s determined to make it happen.

What he doesn’t take into account is the amount of time and effort relationships require, or that constantly letting bunnies take selfies with him to post all over social media isn’t going to win him any points in the boyfriend department. Miller learns—not so quickly—that if he wants to make Sunshine “Sunny” Waters fall for him, he going to have to do a whole lot more than show her his stick skills in the bedroom.




ARC received for an honest review

Pucked was one of my favourite books in 2015, so I was excited to read Pucked Up.

In Pucked, I wasn't really sure if I liked Miller "Buck" Butterson.  He really was a bit of an arse.

I have to say, from the minute I started reading Pucked Up, my mind was made up.  I liked him.  He is zany, funny - but we see there is so much more to him.  He really does have a heart of gold underneath the manwhore exterior.

He's always partaken in the benefits of being a hockey star - puck bunnies ready for the taking  He is zany, crazy

Until Sunny.

Sunny is Alex (from Pucked) sister - and could just be the one - if he doesn't mess things up.

Sunny is his complete opposite.  She is sweet, caring - though maybe takes other people's opinions into consideration a bit too much when it comes to her life.  Gah, I wanted to talk some sense into her so many times about that!

But she is perfect for Buck, complements him in every way.

Buck seems to stumble into situations that look bad, without even trying.  Sure, there are some very funny things that happen to him that you can't help laugh out loud about, but at other times, I couldn't help but cringe for him. My heart just breaks for him when everyone thinks the worst.

I LOVE his interactions with Violet.  OMG they are so funny.  There are some things that only a sibling can get away with!  Vi is Buck's harshest critic, but she would go to the mattresses for Buck, time and time again.

Pucked Up is not the laugh out loud, OMG! kind of book that Pucked was.  Sure, it has it's hilarious moments **Cough cough spiders cough cough** but it touches on some deeper issues too.

I did get frustrated with Sunny at times, as she kept having the same issues with Buck.  I don't trust you blah blah. Rinse. lather. Repeat.  I would have walked away a looooong time ago if I was Buck!

So do Buck and Sunny get their HEA, or is it all too much?

For that you will have to red for yourself.

Well done Ms Hunting in getting me to love a character I was sure I was going to hate!

Can't wait for Pucked Over!


_______________________________




description

description

This was sooo much better than the first book!!
[book:Pucked|24504274] tried to be funny way too hard...but this second book.... I LOVED IT!
I was so afraid Helena wouldn't make Buck likeable enough for me, but he's so amazing. He's not the stupid idiot we saw in the first book.
He's so much more - he has so many hidden secrets and desires and problems and hopes and ugh...just adorable.

description

And his cute adorable Sunshine. The vegan-almost-virgin Sunny. Those two fit together perfectly.
Of course it's not HAPPY EVER AFTER from the start..LOTS of problems come between them - mostly because Sunny just can't trust him....which I found a bit stupid, once or twice, ok...he has a reputation after all - but so many times? But still - I loved the book.
It was soo sexy, sooo funny, sooo adorable & moving - I even shed a few tears!!!!
I even liked Alex better than I liked him in his own book, even or maybe because he only appeared when he wanted hit/kill Buck/Miller ☺
I can't wait to read the next book - I hope it's about Randy or Lance.


description


dg