Sunday 20 December 2015

∞ Before (After #5) ∞ Anna Todd ∞




Book Five of the After seriesAnna Todds Wattpad fanfiction that racked up one billion reads online and captivated romance readers across the globe! As told by Hardin and other characters, Before will explore the heros life before he met Tessa, reveal what happens after After, give you new insights on their turbulent romanceand revel in the awesome power of true love. #HESSA


 



ARC received from publisher for an honest review

You will need to have read the first 4 books in the After series before reading Before, as there are spoilers, and you will be a bit confused about things in part one, Before.

I have made no secret that I have put off reading the After series for months and months as I had to get my head past the fact that they are One Direction fan fiction.

Over the past week I have read all the books and Before.  While I did struggled with the earlier books - particularly book one, After at the end of each book I was intrigued enough to read the next one.

Before was what I really needed for this series.

It is split into three sections before Tessa, during Tessa and after Tessa.  The during section is told from Hardins POV, and it was a great help in learning his motivation through the previous 4 books.

Because lets admit it, for most of the first 4 books Hardin was a complete and utter dick.  To me he was totally unlikeable, borderline emotionally abusive (sometimes there was no borderline about it) and I just couldnt understand why Tessa kept going back.

But Before changed my opinions slightly on him.  From the bet to the end of After Ever Happy, we get into his head, and it is a more messed up place then even I thought.

So if you have have read the After series, you definitely need to read Before.  I am glad I finally read the series.





 
CHECK OUT THE REST OF THE SERIES