Thursday 11 February 2016

✪ Secret Confessions: Down and Dusty #6 ✪ Skye ✪ Rhyll Biest ✪




They say that no one has secrets in a small townthese women prove them wrong.

Eight brand-new stories from some of Australia's hottest writers in Australia's hottest genre. From the bar stools of the local pub to the wide open plains of the biggest stations in the world, these tales travel the dusty roads to the heart of Australia and the women who understand how to work hardand play even harder.
In the latest in the wildly successful Secret Confessions series from Escape Publishing, the women of Down & Dusty invite you into their livesand their bedrooms.





After five years in the city earning her veterinary degree, Skye Malone is happy to be heading back to Milpinyani Springs, and her best friend Bret. Sure, her crush on him is still at epic proportions, but she managed to ignore it this long, and a good friend is a valuable commodity in a small community like theirs. But Bret spent the last five years growing up, and suddenly Skyes girlhood infatuation evolves into something much stronger and much more dangerousan adult womans desire.





ARC received from publisher via Netgalley for an honest review

Episode six: Skye

What if your unrequited love turns out not to be unrequited after all?

Skye has returned to Mil Springs after completing her veterinary degree, and is back to see the boy she has always loved, Bret.

But wowsers, when there is a bit of an "incident" she finds out that her feelings are reciprocated by Bret.

And do the sparks fly!

I loved a friends to lovers story, especially when we get a bit of history behind id (which can be hard in such a short story).  I didn't feel at all that things were rushed with Skye and Bret and felt that their story took an organic progression to more than friends.

I am really enjoying this series, and looking forward to next week's episode.




 

 

 






I'm an Australian writer of romance published with Harlequin Australia. My first name is Welsh and pronounced 'ril', my second name is pronounced 'beast' (Biest is the German word for beast and I'm a sucker for the German language).

I love to play host to the United Nations of Hotness (in my writer's imagination, at least) and you'll find lots of sexy Soviet men, Teutonic hotties and alluring Aussie blokes and vixens in my books.

When not writing zee sexy times, I can be found at the Naughty Ninjas group author site. If that's not enough lovin' for you, you can also sign up to my newsletter which comes out every two months just bursting and dripping with release news, competitions, give aways and whatnot.

I do a regular podcast called Bookish Tarts with fellow bookish-tart Georgina Penney, where we discuss romance in a high-brow yet potty-mouthed way. And when the moon strokes my inner tentacles of inspiration, I blog on Heroes & Heartbreakers about romancey stuff.