Monday 4 July 2016

❤ Copping It Sweet ❤ Anna Clifton ❤


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30373328-copping-it-sweet?from_search=true&search_version=service



Sara Sullivan has a landlord who wants to evict her, a 1960s Beetle that rarely starts, and a looming exam shes all set to fail. But none of that compares to the return home of Detective Sergeant Cooper Halligan, her best friends brother and the single biggest threat to the secret shes guarded for years

Cooper Halligan is happy to be home. But hes not happy to discover that Sara Sullivan is a permanent fixture within his family, especially when hes the only one who knows about the sinister marriage lying hidden in her past.

Saras crime-boss husband is the prime suspect in the murder of an innocent street kid, and now Coopers prepared to do anything to find out what Sara knows.








ARC received for an honest review
 
It has been a while since I have read an Anna Clifton book, so I jumped in to Copping It Sweet.

It did take me a little while to get into the swing of this book (but this was probably more to do with my mood at the time rather than the book I think).

I have read the other books in this series (they can all be read as stand alones) so it was good to get a little glimpse into their lives from where their story ended.

I love that the characters aren't perfect.  Cooper and Sara have their flaws, have stuff from their pasts that are still affecting them now.
  
Sara is strong willed, standing on her won two feet and doesn't want anyone's help. 

Cooper is the policeman who is to sweet talk information about her estranged husband out of her. 

There is an undeniable attraction between our lovelies which flits between sweet and down right sexy, and you just hoped that they would get their act together!
  
There is a undercurrent of suspense and intrigue in Copping It Sweet that just had you wondering when things were going to drop.

While I did not connect with Sara as well as I have others in this series (again this was probably just my mood!) , I still did enjoy her.

I LOVED the banter between Cooper's family (characters from the earlier books), the bite the snark, the fun and games.
  
And I love that these books are set in my home town of Sydney - so nice to be able to picture all these places being written about!

I am not impatiently awaiting for what Ms Clifton brings us next.







First of all, if you'd like to get in touch, I'd really love to hear from you so please, jump onto Facebook or the contact form and I'll get back to you as soon as I possibly can!

 If you're interested in learning a little more about me then I can help you with that here too, although I'm never quite sure what to say in these 'about me' bits.

On thinking back on how I came to be writing romance novels, I realised that I've held down more than fifty jobs in my life so far. They've ranged from scooping ice-creams, to selling glow sticks, to stumbling around in a container ship on absurdly impractical 3-inch heels, trying to work out who's legally responsible for contaminating an entire cargo of Swiss chocolate. If nothing else, my interesting working life and the wonderful characters I've met along the way have been great 'copy'; it was inevitable they'd demand creative exposure in some shape or form eventually.

My fascination with the romance novel itself first unfolded when I was staying on a friends outback cattle station; I just happened to pick one up from her big sister's bookshelf. As a fourteen-year-old reader I instantly fell in love with its passion, its just-for-the-hell-of-it fun and its unbridled HEA optimism. Many years later, as a writer, I would come to love the scope that the genre offers for exploring the endless mystery around why we feel, think and behave as we do a special focus in my stories about love, friendship and family.

I currently live in Sydney in an often too-small house with my husband and three children and our two spoilt-rotten cats. Our adopted pets, a permanently randy alpha-male Brush Turkey and several roof-dancing possums, share our bush gully backdrop.