Monday 19 September 2016

❤ The Art Of Keeping Secrets ❤ Rachael Johns ❤





Little secrets grow up to be big lies



Theyve been best friends since their sons started high school together, and Felicity, Emma and Neve share everything or so they thought.



But Flicks seemingly perfect marriage hides a shocking secret which, with one word, threatens to destroy her and her familys happiness. Emma is in denial about a potential custody battle, her financial constraints, the exhaustion she cant seem to shake off and the inappropriate feelings she has for her boss. And single mum Neve is harbouring a secret of her own; a secret that might forever damage her close-knit relationship with her son.



When the tight hold they have each kept on their secrets for years begins to slip, they must face the truth. Even if that truth has the power to hurt the ones they love, and each other.



Perhaps some secrets werent made to be kept.



ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

Oh what a tangled web we weave!  Secrets, little white lies, they all come back to haunt us eventually.

Felicity (Flick), Emma and Genevieve (Neve), best friends, and they tell each other everything.. right?

That is until their secrets start to emerge, and they each have to deal with the consequences.

Will they tear their friendships apart, or will it bring them closer, that is the question.

As I turned each and every page, I was anxious to know what would happen to each of the lovely ladies, their families, their friends.   I felt their anger, their pain, their sorrow.  I felt their happiness, their hope, their dreams coming to fruition.

I laughed, I cried, I got angry and sad. And I had hope in my heart that each and every one of them would get the outcome that they wanted.

There is one of these that I feel that their story is not completed yet?  And I hope that we get more of it sometime in the future.

Ms Johns took me on a journey of hope, fun, laughter and discovery from one side of the world to the other.  I became completely engrossed in the tale she was telling, and I can't wait to see what she brings us next.