Tuesday 18 July 2017

✪ TRUST ✪ Kylie Scott ✪ standalone YA ✪ Review + Excerpt ✪



©  Bianca  Janeane 




• Release Date: 18 July 2017
• Young Adult standalone
• 382
 page
• Cover designed by Hang Le
(P.S. Hang also got a part in the book☺)
✪✪✪✪✪
5 Stars!



Being young is all about the experiences: the first time you skip school, the first time you fall in lovethe first time someone holds a gun to your head.

After being held hostage during a robbery at the local 7/11, Edie, an overweight, uncool, teenager, finds her attitude about life shattered. Unwilling to put up with the snobbery and bullying at her private school, she enrolls at the local public high school, crossing paths with John. The boy who risked his life to save hers. While Edie’s beginning to run wild, however, John’s just starting to settle down. After years of partying and dealing drugs with his older brother, he’s going straight
getting to class on time, and thinking about the future.

An unlikely bond grows between the two as John keeps Edie out of trouble and helps her broaden her horizons. But when he helps her out with another first
losing her virginitytheir friendship gets complicated.

Meanwhile, Edie and John are pulled back into the dangerous world they narrowly escaped. They were lucky to survive the first time, but this time they have more to lose
each other.






We're in northern California with Edie. She's a 17 year old, slightly overweight, slightly sad girl who just survived a horrible convenience store robbery.
And the boy who helped her survive in that store - John - is going to her new high school.
Edie just got out of her bullying private school and wants to let loose a bit now. But John has done enough bad stuff in his life - he wants to concentrate on school and his non-criminal future.
And of course he feels responsible for Edie in that new school and tries to help her wherever he can.
And together they try to survive school, the nightmares from the robbery and the sparks that are starting to develop between them....


What will happen with Edie & John?
Will there be a Happily Ever After??
READ THE BOOK TO FIND OUT!
 ____________________________________________




What an amazing book!
I was hooked from the first page!
The story starts really exciting and suspensy with the robbery and the reader just sits there following Edie and John - and how they go about the aftermath of what happened. And how they're trying to just ... live. A happy teenager life. A normal life.
And I loved it. I wish this was a movie or a Netflix show already. I would soooo watch it!!! And I want the guy on the cover to be John - even though I haven't even seen his face! ☺

This was an amazing story about a strong, young girl with lots of problems. Just like so many teenagers. Single mom. No dad. Body-shaming and bullying at school. Being a book nerd. Being lonely.
Then this horrible thing happens to her and everything seems even worse than before. She doesn't know how do deal with what happened. But things are also better, because now there are new, real, friends in her life. And a boy. An amazingly sweet and protective and gorgeous & swoonworthy young man!
She just has to get through all the darkness and the nightmares ...



Amazing book - completely different to all the other Kylie Scott books. I just LOVED it!

If I had to find some things I didn't like.... Not really... maybe - and I'll write that in white - so you can read it by drawing your mouse or finger across it - but don't worry it's not really a bad thing or something that made the story bad. But, it might spoil a tiny little bit. Here goes:
I would've loved a few more pages at the end - the end before the epilogue. It all felt a bit too rushed. You kind of know from the blurb that something bad will happen again, and then you've read 96% and it hasn't happened yet? That end was a bit quick for me. And then I would've loved one of those school-hall PDA moments. Him holding her hand, or pushing her against the locker and kissing her in front of everyone... But that's just my fantasy☺ I still loooved the book!

TRUST was a such heartbreakingly beautiful & adorable & exciting friends to lovers YA romance! Run to your nearest amazon for your own John - this one is MINE!!!




ARC received from publisher via Netgalley for an honest review.

Now, I am not usually one to read YA - old fart here - however I will pick up and read anything by Kylie Scott.

And wow!  Just wow!  This book is amazing.  It had me hooked from the very first page, and I just needed to flick each page to find out what was going to happen.

Have you watched the book trailer?  Do it here, right now. You won't regret it!


TRUST by Kylie Scott (Official Book Trailer) from FILM 14 on Vimeo.

Does that have you hooked yet?

Everything about this book had me on edge.  From the events that start it all, to Edie and John dealing with the aftermath.

I adore Edie.  Belittled her whole life, she draws such strength from not just what happens, but from John.  What a guy is all I can say about John.   I can't get all swoony over him, as I could be his mother!  However he is all kinds of amazing.

I don't want to give anything away with this story, but I had a serious book hangover when I finished.  I know we throw those words around a bit, but this one was just like the book.

Dark.  Broody.  Intense.

Buy it. Read it.  Love it.

Take it from this old fart, you will not be disappointed.




♥ EXCERPT ♥

“You were going to give it up to Duncan Dickerson?” he sneered. “Are you serious?”
I halted, staring at him. This was not good. “How do you know about that?”
“Anders overheard you and Hang talking.”
“Bastard.”
“Well?” he demanded, acting all authoritarian. Idiot.
“To be fair, I didn’t know his last name was Dickerson,” I said. “That’s unfortunate. Though, I wasn’t actually planning on marrying him, so . . .”
“Not funny.”
I shrugged.
“You barely know the guy.”
“Um, yeah. None of your concern. We’re not talking about this.” How mortifying! My face burned bright. People should just gather around and cook s’mores. “I appreciate that we’re friends. You mean a lot to me. But this is going to have to fall under definitely none of your damn business, so go away please.”
“We’re talking about it.” He advanced a step.
“No we are not.” And I retreated.
“You were going to let a complete stranger touch you.” Advance.
Retreat. “People do it all the time. You do it all the time.”
“But you don’t,” he said, taking the final step, backing me up against the side of his car and getting all in my face. “Edie, this is your first time we’re talking about. Isn’t it?”
“Yes, and it’s going to be messy and painful and probably horribly embarrassing and I just want it over and done with.” I tried to meet his eyes but failed, settling for a spot on his right shoulder. “You’re not a girl; you wouldn’t understand. Also, last time I checked, you’re not the gatekeeper of my hymen, John Cole. So back the fuck off.”
He said nothing.
Deep, calming breaths. “Look, someday I’ll meet someone I really like and we’ll have a deep and meaningful relationship and go at it like bunnies. But I don’t want to be the dumb virgin in that scenario.”
He slowly shook his head.
“Also, I do not want to die a virgin.”
“What? What the hell are you talking about?”
“Hey, you and I both know death can occur at any time.”
“This is crazy.”
“I’m seeing a therapist!” I told his shoulder. “I don’t know if you noticed, but I’m a little bit messed up these days. It’s hard for me to trust people. That’s not going to change anytime soon.”
He screwed up his face at me. “Wha—”
“I’m just trying to be practical.”
“Well, you’re being ridiculous. None of this makes sense.”
“It does to me.”
Again, he said nothing.
In fact, he said nothing for so long that I finally looked him in the eye. The anger had left him, replaced by an emotion I didn’t recognize. Worst of all, he still smelled like summer. A little sweat and the open night air, everything I loved. Liked. I meant liked.
“What?” I said, finally.

He let loose a breath. “I’ll do it.”
LiNKS TO THE BOOK AND AUTHOR
  
  



↓ NEW COVER ↓
Kylie says: After some way deep soul searching, I've decided it doesn't reflect the story as well as I'd like.





BOOK #1




BOOK #2 

  


#PreOrder BOOK #3 - Eric's story!






Kylie is a New York Times and USA Today best-selling author. She was voted Australian Romance Writer of the year, 2013 & 2014, by the Australian Romance Writer’s Association and her books have been translated into eleven different languages. She is a long time fan of romance, rock music, and B-grade horror films. Based in Queensland, Australia with her two children and husband, she reads, writes and never dithers around on the internet.