Tuesday 22 August 2017

✪ In The Crease (Assassins #12) ✪ Toni Aleo ✪ Release Day Blitz ✪





Jensen Monroe is a unicorn. As handsome as any model, as polite as can be, a goalie of unmatched skill, and the best friend anyone could ask for. But he longs for a particular special someone to make his life complete. He’s been in love with Wren since he was a teenager, but as his best friend’s sister, she’s always been off-limits.

Wren Lemiere has prided herself on being a love ’em and leave ’em girl her whole life. She’s all about equal opportunity in the battle of the sexes. Why should guys like her brother and his best friends get to be the only ones allowed to play the dating game? One wrong move, however, and she finds herself in violation of her own rules.

In need of a fake husband and baby daddy for her unexpected bundle of joy, Wren finally accepts Jensen is the logical one to ask for help. Except he has a counteroffer…one with so many strings attached, they may just find themselves wrapped up in ties that bind. Forever.







ARC received for an honest review

I love getting lost in the Assassins world! For a few hours I can get lost in the world of these hockey-hotties and their lovely ladies, and just enjoy.

If you have read the previous books, you should remember Wren, the Assassins team psychologist.  She really has gotten herself into a bind, and knows just the man to help her.

Jensen *insert googly lovey eyes*.  Oh how I adore that man.  He has adored Wren her whole life, loved her half of his, and except for a pesky ex has been true to Wren - even if she hasn't realised it.

Wren doesn't need a man, she is brash and bold and take charge - except for now when she really needs a hubby.

I adore her, I really do, but I have to say that for a lot of the book I didn't like her.  I wanted to shake some sense into her, wanted to yell at Jensen to run run run just as fast as he can - in the opposite direction to Wren.

My heart broke for him over and over as Wren's actions and words hit him full force. I really, really don't know why he stuck around truthfully.  I know, I know I sound jaded, but she really did irk me so much!  And if she didn't want him, I would most certainly take Jensen off her hands!

I loved that we got more of the lads and lasses from throughout the series.  I freaking Love Vaughan so much in this story!

In The Crease is sweet and funny and frustrating and sexy and a little bit of everything else. I will say that Wren did redeem herself to me - eventually!

Can't wait to see what Ms Aleo brings us next.













My name is Toni Aleo and I’m a total dork.

I am a wife, mother of two and a bulldog, and also a hopeless romantic.
I am the biggest Shea Weber fan ever, and can be found during hockey season with my nose pressed against the Bridgestone Arena’s glass, watching my Nashville Predators play!

When my nose isn’t pressed against the glass, I enjoy going to my husband and son’s hockey games, my daughter’s dance competition, hanging with my best friends, taking pictures, scrapbooking, and reading the latest romance novel.

I have a slight Disney and Harry Potter obsession, I love things that sparkle, I love the color pink, I might have been a Disney Princess in a past life… probably Belle.
… and did I mention I love hockey?